Food security is a rising concern as the global population is expected to reach 10 billion by 2100.
- By 2050 there will be two billion more people on Earth than there are today.
- Today’s agriculture can’t deliver enough food to meet that need.
- So change is needed to increase output across the globe.
- But it mustn’t be done at the expense of an increasingly fragile environment.
- And the world’s most undernourished need help now.
The global food security challenge is straightforward: by 2050, the world must feed two billion more people, an increase of a quarter from today’s global population. The demand for food will be 56% greater than it was in 2010.
Read the rest of the article here: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/11/food-security-why-it-matters/